Since 2020, I've taken on a Steve Jobs alter-ego (on a very, very part time basis, and often for humor purposes ). The first essay I wrote wasn't even related to hardware, or solar powered-conscious operating systems that began around the same time. It was actually about one of my former jobs, regarding Knowledge Bases. Using one every day, I thought there had to be a better way to integrate steps taken into a ticket management system, to show proof of work. I won't say which system and which company, since it doesn't matter. I thought back at the time, where else did someone care so much about not only user experience, but the employee's experience? And I realize it was Steve Jobs. Here is the essay I wrote, on a higher level Knowledge Base called Experience Base, later included in part of a concept CMS called TicketMS. A month ago, I read an article by Dr. Nathalie Martinek that basically described the exact problem my organi...
[I originally drafted this article two weeks ago (August 1st, but then had been delayed and other errands] Most of it has been left intact, with the exception of a brief conclusion added.] I remember YouTube before it was acquired by Google in 2006. Its interface has changed significantly over the years, for better and worse. Higher bittrate, 360 degree videos, and all sorts of analytics. But I also noticed it wastes bandwidth. I'm not referring to preloading a video that isn't watched- yes it used to play the entire video in the past, where now it only caches up to 90-120 seconds to save bandwidth in case the user doesn't watch the entire video. I'm also not referring to AutoPlay, which I also disable on all my devices that I'm logged into. I'm aware there are countless extensions that allow smartbuffering, some which are great on browsers that still support extensions (or aren't routinely filtered by Chrome, which is owned by the same company as Youtube). ...
Building on recent X86 news, I ran this through a Gemini Prompt : https://github.com/hatonthecat/solarcircuits/commit/ebbc2dfca3f293927b0a75a191695b03db609227 https://www.imec-int.com/en/articles/disrupting-dram-roadmap-capacitor-less-igzo-dram-technology https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Intel_5-level_paging https://www.phoronix.com/news/ x86-CPU-With-APX-x86S https://hwbusters.com/news/ x86s-is-back-from-the-dead- and-the-vendor-reviving-it- still-isnt-intel-or-amd/ https://en.kocpc.com.tw/ archives/25278 " PM64-only means the core boots straight into 64-bit protected mode" https://www.techradar.com/pro/ why-is-intel-sharing-its-atom- cpu-technology-with-a-start- up-the-answer-could-be-in-low- power-x86-design https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/207904/intel-atom-x6200fe-processor-1-5m-cache-1-00-ghz/specifications.html https://www.intel.com/content/ www/us/en/products/platforms/ details/elkhart-lake.html https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Tremont_(microarchi...
Comments
Post a Comment